//Nail Trimming
Nail Trimming2016-07-10T00:41:20+00:00

Rabbit Hutch World Forums Diet And Care Nail Trimming

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi friends, I have got myself a female Rabbit, I noticed her nails have got very sharp in recent times but are not exactly that long, but still I am slightly concern, so is there a certain age recommended to start trimming nails? Or can it be harmful?

buxianvel
    Participant

My personal experience is that it’s not really worthy to pay huge fees to vets just for trimming nails, it’s very straight forward, you just need to someone to hold him/her and cut the nails, but make sure you never cut the pink part or it might get bleeding, so just be careful of that.

ianvelbux
    Participant

I won’t recommend doing it yourself unless you are having enough experience, I think it’s not even that expensive, I get it done at around 10 bucks which is really very much reasonable, so you should be very much okay with it instead of doing any crazy for sake of that much.

taniaislam69
    Participant

Yes, I think it’s too dangerous to do it yourself because you could make matters worse, I think it’s far expensive here with vet costs me around $25-30 on first visit and $20 onwards, so that’s pretty decent sum, but still you can’t take changes with health of your Rabbit.

lakhanymaqsood
    Participant

I have been doing it myself for long time now, I just simply call my friend whenever I need to get it done, just don’t cut it too deep, it’s for been safe, but if this is your first time then go to vet and you can see how they do it then you can simple follow it at your home easily.

jamalmolla3
    Participant

Actually, I agree it’s not hard but I am scared with what Buxianvel said, if she starts bleeding then it will create unnecessary problem, so I am not taking any chances here. I just contacted local Vet here and it’s just 15 bucks while on rest of the visit, it’s 10 bucks, so I think that’s okay for me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Menu Title